CODE OF CONDUCT FOR SUPPLIERS OF FISCHER ELEKTROMOTOREN GMBH
Compliance with the law
- To comply with the laws of the applicable legal system(s).
Prohibition of corruption and bribery
- Not to tolerate, nor to engage in any way in any form of corruption or bribery,
- including any unlawful payment offers or similar gratuities to government officials
- in order to influence decision-making.
Respect for the fundamental rights of employees1
- To promote equal opportunities and equal treatment of its employees, regardless of their colour, race, nationality, social origin, possible disability, sexual orientation, political or religious beliefs, gender or age;
- to respect the personal dignity, privacy and personal rights of each individual;
- not to employ or force anyone to work against his will;
- not to tolerate unacceptable treatment of workers, such as psychological hardship, sexual and personal harassment or discrimination;
- not to tolerate conduct (including gestures, language and physical contact) that is sexual, coercive, threatening, abusive or exploitative;
- to ensure commensurate pay and guarantee the legally prescribed national minimum wage;
- to comply with the maximum working hours prescribed in the respective country;
- to the extent permitted by law, to recognise the freedom of association of employees and neither to favour nor disadvantage members of workers’ organisations or trade unions.
Prohibition of child labour2
- Not to employ workers who have not reached a minimum age of 15. In countries covered by the exception for developing countries in the ILO Convention 138, the minimum age may be reduced to 14 years.
Health and safety of employees
- To take responsibility for the health and safety of its employees;
- to reduce risks and ensure the best possible precautionary measures to prevent accidents and occupational diseases;
- to offer training courses and ensure that all employees are knowledgeable about occupational health and safety;
- To establish or apply an occupational health and safety management system in accordance with OHSAS 18001 or an equivalent system.
- To observe environmental protection with regard to legal and international standards;
- to minimise environmental impacts and continuously improve environmental protection;
- to establish or apply an environmental management system in accordance with ISO 14001 or an equivalent system.
- To promote the compliance of its suppliers with the contents of the Code of Conduct in the best possible way;
- to comply with the principles of non-discrimination in supplier selection and dealings with suppliers.